Micheal has been working with wounded (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) EOD technicians for the last 12 years with EOD Warrior Foundation (https://eodwarriorfoundation.org) until he retired last year. He began working with wounded military personnel as a recovery care coordinator. He spent years learning from disabled veterans how they dealt with their trauma and now is sharing those powerful teaching moments with us and I am so grateful for that.
“Wellness; A conscious deliberate process that requires a person to become aware of and make choices for a satisfying lifestyle.” – Dr Tonice Krueger
“You are deserving of help.” – Micheal Mack
You may feel like you are less deserving than another, but we all are deserving.
“When serving others, you are serving yourself”
- Hope and wellness program and eod warrior foundation
- Educated family and friends
- Experiment on different things, don’t give up just because therapist, book, podcast, retreat, or program didn’t work for you.
- Resource library on Eod Warrior Foundation
- Meditation (https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org)
- Breathing techniques
- Try new things
- VA Federal Benefits (https://www.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book.asp
- National resource directory (https://nrd.gov)
- Know who your county veterans service officers are (yeah Jonathan, slacker)
- Struggle Well by Ken Falke and Josh Goldberg
- War and the Soul by Edward Tick
- Why We Sleep by Mathew Walker
- Read a book about a Vietnam POW, will put your struggles into perspective. If you need motivation to see what we are capable of pick up on of these books; When Hell was in Session by Jeremiah A Denton, The Passing of the Night by Robinson Risner, Five Years to Freedom by James N Rowe
Please share and like on IG, FB, Youtube and Twitter. I am always looking for veterans or first responders who have battled PTSD. Additionally if you support, provide services for these groups, or have extensive knowledge of benefits available for these groups please reach out. I would love to have a chat and share that knowledge with the community.